Saturday, May 7, 2011

Repair

She was lying pale in bed. The boss was sleeping in a small bed with plastic walls. The light from the window was easter-winther pale too. I was sitting by the end of the bed at a small table, eating a slice of bread.
The nurse came in.
-I`d like to see how things are, she said. -You got a quite nasty cut yesterday, and lost a lot of blood.
The night before, in a mess of a child crying, blood and a placenta, a doctor came in and sewed her. As far as I could remember.
The nurse investigated the mother. Then she turned towards me. I was still sitting at the table chewing the slice of bread. I looked to see if it looked ok, and as far as I could see, it was ok. I nodded to the nurse. But I wasnt quite sure what she said with her look towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment